Saturday 1 September 2018

Journal Page 2 - Relationships

I've bought a Dylusions border sheets book and the houses were just crying out to be used. The quote is a repeat of one  I previously used in the journal book that had been ruined by the water leak.

First I sprayed the page with Dyan Reavley's Dylusions ink spray in blue, green and orange. I then stamped the page with a script  and crackle stamps and Stazon ink.  I placed a hime made script stencil over the page and sprayed it with gold cosmic shimmer. It gave a nice subtle sheen to the page which is not clear on the photo.

  I remembered I'd bought some Brusho crystal colours and this was a great opportunity to use them. I sprinkled the crystals over the page and spritzed with water to activate the crystals. I used red, orange and blue crystals .

While all that was drying I used my Promarkers to colour in the houses. I scanned the border into my computer and reversed the image before printing it out so the "street" was not totally identical on both side prior to cutting out and colouring the houses. I also printed and cut out the arrow and quote.

There is something quite therapeutic and calming about colouring in isn't there?
Once everything was completed and dry I just adhered them on to the page using Golden matte medium. 
Finally I splattered some drops on to the page using acrylic paint.  Page completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment