Sunday 16 September 2018

Define Yourself

I'm slowly familiarising myself with mixed media techniques as I get back into journaling.
For this page I used various colours by Dylusions sprays and Cosmic Shimmer. I did try a stencil with text but it was not very successful so I sprayed over it, which gave a more muted set of colours. I liked this effect because it meant the girl standing alone gave a more prominent  focus point.

I used a script stamp with white and black ink to add depth to the background.
Next I used rub ons to give more layers I also added a few scribbles as well.

The ladies are angel stamps by Chloe that I coloured using my Touch alcohol markers and Posca pens and rub ons.
Once I adhered the ladies to the page using matt medium gel ( Golden) I splattered the page with white acrylic paint. I printed, sprayed it with more dylusions ink and cut out the quote and adhered the words to the page. I  added dots around the edge of the words and page with black and white Posca pens.

I finally sprayed the whole page with gold cosmic shimmer which as given it a lovely shiny sheen. This doesn't show up on the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment