Wednesday 12 September 2018

Peacocks mixed media journal

I saw this quote and couldn't resist doing a journal page for it. "One day you're a peacock the next you're a feather duster!" I have joined a Facebook group called Artful Evidence and this is perfect for one of their challenges.

I covered the page with gesso and then painted the edge with black acrylic paint. Once dry I downloaded the background paper  from Pinterest and uploaded it to my Studio software. There I inserted the text and dragged it so it would fit around the edge of the paper and then printed it all.  I used Faber Castell brush pens to colour the feathers in the background.

Next I printed the peacock from kisspng website. I fussy cut around it and adhered that on top of the page. I used my Posca pens to draw around the out line of the peacock and added squiggles here and there to finish it off.
Page 3 complete!
I wonder what I'll do for the next page? keep watching to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment