Wednesday 26 September 2018

Doors

This page is not a challenge but an inspiration from a quote I saw online. The quote said " Old ways don't open new doors". It coincided with me finding some cut up doors in my ephemera box.
I covered the page with grey brick patterned paper using Mod Podge. Next I used two stencils, one brick and one dots, and modelling paste to add texture.  Once dry I used green and orange Pebeo ink to create drip effects. I widened the effect by spritzing with water as the drips fell down the page. This gave a more overall coverage of colour which I like.

Next I turned my attention to the doors. I wanted them suspended  on the walls.
They were already cut out so I simply backed them with scraps of paper from my stash and ahered them tot he page using matte medium. One door I adhered it so it would open. Inside that door I wrote out the quote. I decorated the doors with handles and knockers using sequins. I created shadows with grey and green Pitt pens.

No comments:

Post a Comment