Monday 1 October 2018

Sunset

This page is an artful evidence  challenge. This is a page I have done before but is one that was ruined by water damage in my old journal.

I downloaded the curls background from Shutterstock, the palm trees from Freepik and the sun hat from Kisspng. I already had the drink and bag but can't remember from where I got them.

Many years ago a friend gave me a load of paper from which  teabags are made. It's consistency is like a very strong tissue paper. I cut it into an A4 size and adhered it to a lightly glued piece of copy paper and printed out the curly design on to it. I removed the copy paper and adhered the printed teabag paper onto my journal page with Mod Podge.

Once it was dry I painted the sun, sky, sea and sand with Dylusions paints, blue, orange, yellow and purpleI touched the page up with my Posca pen (white) and Pitt Pens to give a feel of waves and tone down the sand.

While the background was drying I turned my attention to the elements. I used my Cameo and Silhouette software to trace and cut out the trees, bag, hat and glass. I continued to use Mod Podge to adhere the elements to the page. I then added some edging, highlights and shadow to the objects with my pens. I printed off my sentiment and finished off the page by adding it and colouring it to blend in with the picture.
I'm really enjoying the challenges, its getting me back into mixed media journalling.

I have started another non challenge page but it's not finished yet. Thats for a future post so keep watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment