Sunday 28 October 2018

Steampunk


I was delighted to have won the Autnumn challenge and had my page used as the groups  cover page for that week. 
This is my offering for the artful evidence challenge. It's not your typical steampunk but I like it.
I painted the background with acrylic paints and a dotted stencil by Tim Holtz. I stamped some images on the background using Stazon and Dyan Reavely and Chronology stamps. I mixed yellow paint with some texture paste and spread the paste on the bottom of the page. It gives the page some texture. 
I used a Tim Holtz stencil to add some "bubbles" using white paint.
 Next I cut the border and cogs   from grey cardstock  I adhered these onto the page with some matte medium. I added some split pins then printed out and cut the other elements and glued them to the page using.

Finally I doodled over parts of the page with metallic and coloured Pitt pens.
I've started making Christmas cards so I'll be posting photos of them shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment