Wednesday 31 October 2018

Halloween. ( Cutting file)

Yet another Artful Evidence challenge, this time a topical one as its Halloween week.
It didn't turn out anything like I intended but I liked the way it developed as I went along. Originally I was going to do a witch's cauldron with poison and weird  "ingredients" around it.
I used purple Dylusions spray ink to cover the page. I then used orange and yellow to colour a separate paper that I ripped into a rough square shape. However, once I'd adhered it to the page I thought the layout looked too much like the  Autumn theme page.

As the top layer was orange I decided to turn it into a pumpkin instead so drew and shaded some lines using brown Pitt pens.  In order to disguise the squarish shape of the pumpkin I printed and cut out some pumpkin leaves and adhered them around the page.

I soon realised I didn't have enough room in the centre of the page to add a cauldron and other elements so I had to put my thinking cap back on. I decided to make the pumpkin a bit spooky so drew in the eyes using Pitt pens.

I cut out the rook and adhered it to the page so it would be looking at the eyes. I added some white pen to highlight the bird.
I added some shadows, cobwebs and wrote the lettering.
I'm quite pleased with it even though it is totally different to my original idea. That's the beauty of a  page evolving as you go along.

If you would like the rook cutting file you can download it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment