Wednesday 17 October 2018

Autumn


I have recently made a birthday card for my Grandson's birthday but forgot to make a picture of it so there's no point in describing how I did it.  

 Instead I wil show you my latest mixed media journal.This is my submission to the Artful Evidence challenge. I coloured the under page using a few Distress Oxides then I used some old flower stamps  with Stazon brown, red and green inks. The next layer was also colours with Stazon inks but slightly lighter colours and stamps. I ripped the edges of this layer to give the page more dimension and interest. I used walnut stain for the edges so the page would stand out.  I then adhered that layer to the page.



While the glue was drying I printed and cut the chestnut leaf and squirrel using my Cameo. I embossed the leaf with a crackled effect embossing folder and rubbed over some distress oxide to create veins. The leaf was then adhered to the page in a way that was uneven making it look as if the leaf was not flat in places.
I adhered the squirrel and then added colour and fur effects  using my Pitt Pens.
I tore some pages, with the meaning of Autumn and Fall, from an old dictionary and adhered them to the page. I used peeled paint Distress inks to colour the pieces and edged with a black pen. 
That is my page finished!


O

No comments:

Post a Comment