Sunday 4 November 2018

Christmas cards ( Free cutting file.)

It's that time of year again when crafters are busy making  Christmas cards to send to friends and family. I like to vary the design  of the cards so I don't get bored of making them. I tend to make up to 4 of each design, at most, I mainly only make about two though.


I got the idea, for the two cards on the left,  from Pinterest. I  a some reindeer clipart and created the card  on my Cameo and adhered them to black card. You can download the file HERE.

The Santa square is a file I downloaded last year from the Silhouette design store (design ID 14733). I layered the card on white and red card and added the HO HO HO.







The snowmen cards are my design. I cut out a circle from the centre of some red card. I a white gel pen to add dashed lines around the edge of the card and circle to add some interest. Next I used my Hero Arts snowmen stamps to stamp, colour and cut out the snow men and hats. They were adhered to the back of the red card. I then adhered the red card to the base using foam pads. I had some clear gems and snowflake stickers that I stuck to the card as well  The lettering was made using my Cameo. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my Cameo its so useful.

The dark blue card was me experimenting with a Christmas tree die and my GoPress and Foil foiling machine. I laid the die on the machine, layered foil on top and heated it up so the foil adhered to the card. I added some gems and a glitter star. The topper was matted onto silver Mirri card and back onto the navy base card.

The white card was done using a Chloe tree stamp. I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder. I cut the shape into triangle and matted onto silver Mirri card and then onto the white base card.


I do like the variety of methods used because I find it challenging when I try something for the first time.


I've got a few more cards to make so keep watching.....

No comments:

Post a Comment