Monday 12 November 2018

More Christmas cards

Here are some more Christmas cards I've been making recently. I have used dies by Sue Wilson, these are her triptych arch and frame and her angel dies. I confess that I have more or less copied her idea from one of her videos although I did use different cards and flowers.

The other cards were copied from a Pinterest page.
The top left card was created by cutting the Arch in white card and the underneath layer in white glitter card. I layered the two and adhered them to white linen card. this was then matted onto grey then red and adhered to the white base card. I already had some small silk flowers and leaves in my stash and used them to adhere tot he bottom of the window. I cut out the wording using my trusty Cameo and glued them to the card to finish it off.
The top right hand card window was made in the same way as the previous card except I created the under layer using Brushos paint crystals that were spritzed to give the mottled effect.  I cut out the angel in black card and the outline in white card and layered them . I adhered her tot he card that had been matted with black card onto the case card. I added some dark blue silk flowers in the bottom corner. As with the other card I cut out the wording and added it to finish the card.

The bottom card again used Sue Wilson dies I cut out the angel and frame from black card. I used the frame as a template to trace the shapes onto the base card. I coloured the shapes using Kuretake water colour brush pens. When dry I placed the black frame over the shapes to give a stain glass window effect. I inserted white glitter card into the centre of the frame and added the angel. I think this one is my favourite so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment