Sunday 4 November 2018

Diamonds

As you can see I'm really getting back into mixed media journalling. This week's challenge is "Diamonds".
The background was created using cream acrylic paint, Brusho Paint crystals, a diamond stencil, rub-ons and Stampin Up blue ink.

I used cream acrylic paint as a base colour. I sprinkled a variety of the Brusho  crystals over the left hand side of the page and spritzed with water. When it was dry I used a stencil, which was a piece of plastic from home, and daubed the blue ink over it to create the diamond pattern on the top right and bottom left of the page.

I used a stamp to give a cracked effect and finished the background with a few bits of rub-on from my stash.

I cut out the butterflies from white card and purple Mirri card  and adhered them to the page using matt medium.

I love the effect that Brushos make. It is a very versatile medium. Thats it for this challenge.




No comments:

Post a Comment