Thursday 30 August 2018

Page 1 new art journal.

 A new journal and a new page -- new beginnings deserves a quote.
This is  a simple page, I painted  the background with yellow and white acrylic paint. I stamped circles from two long stamps in my stash. Ive had them years and can't remember from where they came. I used "Stampin Up" inks Pumpkin Pie and Bermuda Bay.

Next I drew circles, of various sizes, going diagonally across the page from top to bottom.
Next I used Gelatos, Posca paint pens and Pitt artist pens to colour and decorate the circles in various colours and create a shadow around the circles. Not all the colours gave as even a coating of colour as I wanted and the more I fiddled with it the messier it started to become. The art of colouring is knowing when to stop messing with it and making things worse!

I edged the page with two squiggly lines and printed out the quote cut it into strips and adhered them to the page using Mod Podge. I coloured and edged the strips. The quote is one I found on the internet and I liked the link to beginnings and me started a new journal.

 That completed my 1st page. Its pretty simple but thats fine to get me back into journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment