Saturday 21 April 2018

Water Colour Card

To get my mojo back up I have been making a few cards and trying out a few different techniques.

This is my first attempt at creating flowers using  "Akashiya Sai" water colour marker pens because I thought this might be a good way to start using water colours. Hubby kindly bought me the pens from Amazon. Paints might be a challenge for the future.

 I watched a tutorial by MozART Supplies on Youtube  and then had few goes.  You can see the tutorial HERE.  I was pleased with this one but clearly have to practise some more. Rather than waste  my effort I decided to make a card. I cut out the flower design and layered it to plain white card  using foam pads to give it some dimension. That was  matted it onto gold mirroir card adhered to plain white card.

I  created the sentiment by using my new "Go Press and Foil" machine which I got for my birthday two months ago. I foiled the sentiment onto the card before layering it all.


I found it dificult to take this photo without the metallic elements of the card from glaring hence the shadow on the bottom of the picture but at least you get to see how it turned out.



Next time I'll show you another type of card, I wonder what it'll be?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Is the Press & Foil machine based on a stamped image or greeting using something like a Versamark (glue) pad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a machine that heats up metal dies designed to go with the machine or even normal thin dies. You can see a demo on this Youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRHp6HMs0og

      Delete