Sunday 29 April 2018

Lavinia Stamp Workshop

This weekend I stayed with a friend in the Midlands. We went to a Lavinia Stamps workshop where we attempted 4 cards using a variety of supplies. As we didn't have  a lot of the supplies ourselves there was a lot of sharing going on which meant we had to rush some of the techniques  so that the next person could borrow whatever we were using at that time. Saying that I think we all did a pretty good job.  All the stamps were from the Lavinia collection and I'll list what else we used along side the photos.
Here are the cards we made:-

This one used  Worn Lipstick and pickled Raspberry distress inks spread and spritzed on a mat and the card dabbed onto it to get the mottled effect the moon was simply more ink blended over a mask circle.  Stamped the fairy and the flowers using  purple and black "Versemark Cair" inks. I just used my Stazon for the black ink. We them bleached out the petals of the honeysuckle and highlighted with more distress inks and white  pen. We also edged the moon lightly with the white pen. I splattered some watered inks to the base card and then matted the and adhered the image to the card.
My blooper was to stamp a dandelion onto the page before positioning the fairy so ended up stamping the fairy on top of the dandelion making her winds look very hairy. Still it doesn't look too bad.

The next card is my favourite. The instructor used 3 shades of cream and green of Distress Oxides and brayered them to layer the background the used the inks to stamp the dandelions. I didn't have my brayer with me so I used my blending tool instead the effect was exactly the same as brayering. We then used a fine tip glue to add drops and sprinkled glitter over the top. It doesn't show on the photo but adding the glitter made the card look really lovely.


The 3rd card again used Distress Oxides. We blended and masked the background to look like hills. Like the previous card we masked a circle and dabbed some purple oxide to create the moon. We used second generation stamping to create the trees in the background and 1st generation stamp for the foreground ones, the birds and the hare.  We put the.....  errm..... what do you call them? ... blobs (LOL) at the top by dabbing wet fingers onto the distress Oxides for the oxide to react to the water. Finally we highlighted the hare and moon using a white pen. I think the hare provided was a bit big buts its OK.

The final card we made used a newish water colour paint product called "Brusho". Its a paint powder/crystal that you sprinkle onto wet water colour paper and let the powder react to the water. The more water you spray the more marbled the effect. A light spray  gives the speckled effect. While that was drying we stamped the base card with script I chose blue ink. We stamped the fairy and dandelion seeds and heat embossed with black embossing powder. The fairy element was matted onto black card. I adhered it to the card base using foam pads to give some dimension. Finally edged the card with a black Promarker.
I had done most of these techniques before but not for a long time so it was great to refresh myself on how to use the materials and techniques. It was a great day.
Let me know what you think of the cards........ but please be kind hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment