Tuesday 26 June 2018

Fairy Garden No.2

This hot sunny weather is keeping me out of my craft room and into the garden!
Having seen my fairy garden and seeing how delighted the grandsons found it, my daughter asked me to make one for her home.  That is what I did this morning. I used an old garden pot and added a layer by inserting a smaller pot on top and a broken garlic pot on either side or the smaller pot.



I didn't have any more pottery houses so I bought some mini fairy houses from "The Works"  and painted them with acrylic paints and glitter. I stamped the sides with Stazon ink.
I found some air dry clay in one of my cupboards and made a few toadstools and  mushroom house and left them to dry for a few days before painting them.
I planted some star flowers and marigolds and some green plant( don't know its name!)
Finally I added  some white stones, picket fence, butterflies, windmills etc and added them  to finish the garden. We were lucky to find some solar powered butterfly lights in a local store, so I just hope they work in the dark.  The old gnome on the side was inherited  from my mother's garden. My daughter had painted it for her, when she stayed with my mother for a few months when she was in Uni, so it has special memories for her.

Finally we added magic by sprinkling sliver holographic sequins over the whole thing.
Now we just need to wait to see if the fairies will move in............. That magic buying site eBay told me they might arrive in a few days 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment