Tuesday 5 June 2018

anniversary card

This evening I've just been playing with the Silhouette Software that comes with Silhouette cutting machines ( My Cameo 3).
Someone on Facebook was asking for ideas for an anniversary card so I decided to make a general type using a style I've used before and pleased the recipients by personalising them with the couple's names.  They like the fact that the design is not run of the mill making them special. They have been described, by friends, as lovely keepsakes which I found very touching. The red ones, below,  are samples of personalised ones I've made.
 I no longer have the originals to show you but the picture of the design gives you an idea of what they look like.  impresses people is the fact that you can see right through the card except for the lettering. The white parts of the cards in the picture are open spaces. The back of the card is the reverse of the front so when folded just shows the words and patterns as you can see in the orange photo below. I cut them out using red mirri or glitter card and add gems depending on the anniversary e.g red for 40th gold for golden etc. The very 1st one I made was for a diamond wedding so used white glitter card and clear gems.

This orange one is the general one I designed tonight and done in the same way as the personalised ones. I would cut it out using gold coloured card - mirri or glitter.
They look quite complicated but are simply text welded to a frame and also a welded heart or swirl
How do you add a sentiment I hear you ask?
 I cut out a blank heart and  layer with the same pattern included in the design and tie it to the card so it dangles from the card and is large enough to write a short sentence and signature.  I have also used just the front section and adhered it to a card base. This also looks lovely but, in my opinion, is not as dramatic as the see through ones.
This design is also great for birthdays or any occasion.
You are welcome to download the general card HERE. The files are in .studio and .svg formats and are for personal use only.



No comments:

Post a Comment