Thursday 14 June 2018

Background-less card tutorial

 
I've had a few people question me about how I make the background-less cards that I showed in a recent post so I decided to make a video on how I did them. The video shows how to make a basic card with added  simple embellishments. t I can't see why you It looks complicated but it is relatively simple to create. I have used the Silhouette Studio software to design this card but I would imagine you could use any program that allows you to add shapes and text and be able to weld the shapes together.
You can create cards for all occasions using this method so  have a go.


I'm a beginner when it comes to creating and posting videos.    So, please bear with me and let me know if you have any difficulty watching the video. If you have any questions  please feel free to ask them in the comments section below. and I'll do my best to answer them.



 Once you've welded your text to the frame your choices, of what you add next, are numerous.  You could add swirls, hearts flowers, cars, tools, kiddie themes or shapes etc. Shapes and swirls can be welded to the frame without necessarily having to add an image on top.  You could then decorate the card with gems,  ribbons etc. The type of card used also contributes to the look of the card, anniversary cards look lovely in glitter card in the colour of specific anniversaries also add to the look of the card e.g red glitter/ mirri card for  ruby weddings  as shown on the anniversary cards in an earlier post.  3D  flowers or embellishments can also be used to enhance your project. The choices are only limited by your imagination!

This card is personalised with a specific name but if you think you can find a use for it  download the camper van card HERE. As usual the free zip file contains .studio and .svg formats and the van image. This is for personal use only.

P.S there was a glitch with the files but the links have now been updated so should now work correctly. Sorry for any inconvenience.  Unfortunately gardening tasks took longer then expected so I I haven't had time to make the card. I will complete it and post a picture soon.

PPS. As promised here are the photos of the finished project. I used plain blue card that was blended with faded jeans distress oxides and spritzed with water I duplicated one camper van and enlarged it. Print and cut all the elements and adhered them to the card. The large camper van was stamped with a greeting and attached by fine thread. Phew finally finished it!


No comments:

Post a Comment