Thursday 24 May 2018

Art Journal Hummingbirds

Its been over a year since I've done any art journaling so it was lovely to get stuck into my paints and inks again.
I took inspiration from one of the cards I made a couple of weeks ago  using Lavinia stamps. I coated the pages with Gesso and used blush and green acrylic paint to create the background colour. I used coloured Stazon inks (green and orange) and plant stamps to create the bottom half of the pages. I used a Paper artsy dots stamps and script stamp from my stash to add texture to the top half of the pages. I downloaded and printed off the humming birds from Dreamtime Images and cut them out. cut out a heart and stamped it to create a pattern. I adhered the images to the pages. I added some cotton to attach the heart to the hummingbird's beak. I then used my Faber Castell pens to add shadow and colour the quotes. The quotes are Stamps by Chloe. I've had them several years so I'm not sure if they are still available. I stamped the saying on copy paper stuck the on with matte medium. Finally I edged the pages with orange pen.
 It's a simple page to get me started again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment